Previously we discussed how to create backup files in Quickbooks (review previous post: creating backups in Intuit Quickbooks. The next step is adding those backup files you created to your OnGuard Remote Backup service.
- Open your My Documents Folder.
- Create a new folder inside My Documents called Quickbooks Backup.
- Open Quickbooks and perform a backup, save the file inside Quickbooks Backup
- When the backup is completed, open Onguard Backup using the icon on your desktop.
- Select Backup and then Selections.
- In selections, expand computer and select volumes.
- Browse to c:\users\[Your Name]\My Documents. Check off the folder called Quickbooks Backup. Press Save. That’s all there is to it!
- The next time the software is scheduled to run a backup, your files will be backed up to your data vault.
- To verify that your files were backed up, select the Monitor tab inside Onguard Backup.