There are several primary solutions for this problem, and each contains secondary sub-solutions. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try several to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown. To make sure you do not encounter PDF issues in the future, always make sure you are on the latest release of QuickBooks.
You may see an error or QuickBooks may close when printing .pdf files, emailing forms, or reconciling accounts
Why this is happening:
- There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port….
- Could not print to printer
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component
- QuickBooks is not responding
- PDF Converter shows offline
- You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter
- The device is not ready
- Unable to save as .pdf file
- Quickbooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf
- QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working
- Unrecoverable error
- 15064 06798
- 14982 50172
- 14983 96787
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41
- Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter
How to Fix It
For best results, perform the solutions in the order they appear.
Important: Follow Solution 1 first before trying other solutions.