If you Aldelo database is very large and slowing down even after compacting or you want to purge transactions for a given period, you can use the following procedure to decrease the size of the database.
ALWAYS PERFORM A BACKUP FIRST
ALWAYS PERFORM A BACKUP FIRST\
MAKE SURE ALL OTHER WORKSTATIONS ARE LOGGED OUR OF ALDELO OR TURNED OFF (PREFERRED)
- Exit Aldelo on the server
- Use Windows file manager to browse to the Aldelo folder and find the utilities folder
- Find the DATABASE CLEANER folder – usually: c:\program files\aldelo\aldelo for restaurants\Aldelo utilities (this can vary)\Database Cleaner
- Double click on the file: adDBCleaner30.exe
- Input the dates you wish to purge from
- Right side select purge data – WARNING this is not reversible! – did you backup your database?
- Exit the application
- Restart Aldelo
- Compact the database
- Make another backup
You can download the manual and utility from us.https://www.vanguardsys.com/whmcs/downloads.php
If you need assistance please contact Vanguard: 718-921-6159